To add a new listing manually (one at a time), follow these steps:
- Log in to your BiblioDirect bookseller menu.
- Click on the Inventory tab located on the top left side of the page.
- Select "Add a Listing," which will redirect you to a product listing page.
- Fill in the necessary details of the book you are adding and hit "Save"
- Ensure that the following five required fields are completed for the listing to be active in search results:
- Inventory number (Book ID or SKU)
While these are the minimum requirements, it is highly recommended to provide additional book information such as binding, edition, and book condition. Including at least one photo is strongly encouraged as well. If you want the book to be available online, make sure to check the "For Sale / Active" bubble and click the Save button to save your changes.
If possible, include an ISBN for better search results. When you enter an ISBN, the system offers an autofill and overwrite feature. Simply type or paste the ISBN into the designated field and click on the barcode icon. A window will appear displaying title, author, and other book data. If the displayed information is accurate and relevant to the book you are listing, click save to autofill or overwrite the corresponding fields. If the data is not appropriate or you don't want to overwrite any previously entered details, click close to cancel.
For price comparisons, you can use our metasearch site, BookGilt. Clicking on BookGilt will show you prices for the same ISBN across various marketplaces.
Now, let's move on to adding photos! Adding photos of your listings is crucial to generate interest from customers. You can easily add and remove images directly on the product listing page. In the Photos section, you can drag and drop your image files or double-click on the empty image space to select an image from your computer files. You can also remove images by clicking the red and white X on the corner of the image. Don't forget to hit "Save".
We have also introduced a new feature that allows you to drag and drop multiple image files at once. When using our bookseller menu, you will find the link in your Upload tools.
- Click on the Inventory tab and choose Upload Listings from the menu.
- On the Upload a file page, you will see the option to bulk upload photos via FTP or drag and drop using your web browser. Click here to access the Drag & Drop page for complete details on uploading your images in bulk.
After adding photos, you can feature specific books and/or add them to the Rare Book Rooms. In addition to the Product tab of your listing, you'll see a tab called Rare Book Room and Featured Books.
To search and edit existing listings, you have two options:
- If you have the inventory number, simply type or paste it into the "Search" box at the top of the screen and click the magnifying glass icon to search (see below)*:
2. If you don't have the inventory number, click on the Inventory tab and select Show inventory from the drop-down list. This will take you to a screen where you can search for your active and recently added listings using various search criteria. Click on Advanced for more search options.
Please note that it may take up to 30 minutes for newly added/uploaded listings to be included in the search index. However, you can still search for and edit them before they are indexed. Sold or inactive items may still exist in our database, but you will need the inventory number/SKU to search for them
*You can also enter an order number into that same search box to go directly to the details of an order you received. Enter either the complete order number (1005-0000000-0000000) or just the last seven digits. Click here for more details about finding and managing orders.
Please drop us an email at email@example.com if you have any questions about using the new tools and we'll be happy to help!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article