If you're new to selling on BIBLIO or wondering how to enhance your sales, we're here to help you with some straightforward tips. We want your experience to be successful and enjoyable, so let's get started on this journey together!
- Add Captivating Photos: Did you know you can add photos of your books for free? It's a fantastic way to attract potential buyers. Even if there's a stock photo based on the ISBN, having actual images of your books can make a world of difference. Plus, if your books are priced at $100 or more, adding photos or scans makes them eligible for extra exposure in the Rare Book Rooms. To learn more about adding book images, click here.
- Include ISBNs: Over half of our customers search for books by ISBN. So, make sure you include ISBNs whenever possible to increase your chances of being discovered.
- Create a Sale: Want to entice buyers? Consider offering discounts on some of your inventory by creating a bookseller sale. It's a great way to catch the eye of potential book lovers. Check out this article, Your Guide to Creating Book Sales for more information.
- Offer Free Shipping: In today's online shopping world, many customers actively seek out sellers who offer free shipping. It's easy to do – just set your shipping values to 0 in your shipping matrix or offer free shipping on select items.
- Competitive Shipping Rates: Ensure you're using current and competitive shipping rates in your shipping matrix. For more details on adjusting your shipping matrix, click here.
- Check Your Listings: Take a moment to double-check that your listings are displaying correctly on the BIBLIO website. A little attention to detail goes a long way!
- Purge and Replace: Maintaining accuracy is essential. Consider performing a Purge and Replace, but not more often than quarterly, to keep your listings up to date.
- Utilize Additional Listing Data: Make the most of additional data fields in your uploads, such as a "keywords" field. This will broaden the range of search criteria that include your listings.
- Detailed Book Descriptions: Customers love detailed descriptions, especially for valuable and rare items. Provide as much information as possible about the book's condition, binding, pages, dust jacket, and more. Unique book descriptions can help your listings rank higher in search engine results.
- Catalog Management: Explore the "Manage my catalogs" tool in your Bookseller Menu. Once you've uploaded catalogs, activate them on that page. You can even "map" your catalog names to BISAC subject headings, allowing customers to browse your inventory easily. To dive deeper into managing your catalogs, click here.
- Clear Return Policy: Make sure your terms of sale include a fair return policy. It builds trust with buyers and encourages them to choose your listings.
- Timely Customer Responses: When a customer reaches out through BIBLIO, respond promptly. It shows your commitment to excellent service.
- Professional Communication: Use professional language in your communications and maintain consistency with your stated policies on BIBLIO when interacting with customers.
If you ever need assistance with any of these tools or want a review of your account, don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to support you and provide tailored suggestions based on your account and inventory. Happy selling!